Search This Blog

September 24, 2012

Gangnam Styling All Across the USA-



PSY’s growing popularity, all across the world, not just in the USA, has been a well discussed topic among kpop fans ever since the release of his single Gangnam Style. And, to be fair, plenty of other Korean artists have recieved wide recognition from international fans before, but never quite as large of a scale as PSY.
In my area, in the midwest of the United States, the number of kpop fans is quite small, and very few people in the area know anything about kpop. Even here, where the number of Koreans is small and the number of kpop fans even less, when I mention  ’South Korea’ I get a response along the lines of “Oh, Korea? Like PSY and that one song Gangnam Style?”. And while the pronunciation of PSY may make me cringe, most people here not only know a fair amount about him, but also love Gangnam Style and can do the dance! And, on Sunday, when I turned on the radio, what should I hear but PSY’s voice coming from the speakers saying “Heeeeeeeeey sexy laaadyyyyyy”. And the local radio DJ described PSY as something along the lines of a delicious combination of chocolate and peanut butter. I don’t know about you, but I think that means PSY has a pretty amazing song.
So congratulations to PSY! Not only does he totally own the number one spots on both youtube and itunes, but he has also done what no kpop artist has ever done before; get his song on the radio in the heart of the midwest of the USA.
(Source: Mix 93.3 Kansas City)
-->> CHECK K-POP ITEM ON KWAVE SHOP

No comments:

Post a Comment