Search This Blog

July 16, 2012

IU completes nationwide tour: “I feel like I have grown up”



Singer IU recently finished her first tour in Korea.
IU began her nationwide tour starting in June in Seoul through July 15 in Daegu. She successfully held concerts  for roughly two months.
IU performed in theater type of venue in six cities, including, Seoul, Ulsan, Jeonju, Suwon, Busan, and Daegu to give music focused performances. She played the guitar and also danced to show off her various talents.
As a female soloist, who is in her 20s, IU showed off her power in ticket sales by selling 90 percent of the tickets on average over eleven concerts. Over 20,000 people attended her concerts.
She also selected a large repertoire for her concerts so that fans young and old could enjoy the concert together. She worked with music director and songwriter G. Gorilla and chose various genres of songs, including, dance, ballad, acoustic, and trot.
Many celebrities, including, Lee Juk, Lee Seung Gi, 2AM, Sung Si Kyung, K. will, Kim Tae Woo, Leessang, Sunny Hill, Jia, Haha, No Hong Chul, Norazo, Sweet Sorrow, Mighty Mouth, Huh Gak, and Two Months attended the concerts as guests to help IU.
IU says, “I was so nervous and worried a lot about holding the concerts. But thanks to all my fans and the audience who came to see my concerts, I was able to complete it successfully. I feel like I have grown up through the concerts and I will try my best to become the best singer on stage.”
IU will release her second Japanese single You and I on July 18.
Source: Starnews

No comments:

Post a Comment